Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Liberation

"Experience:  That most brutal of teachers.  But you learn, my God do you learn."~ Unknown
I had a very productive week this past week.  With some help from our dear friend Georgie we were able to finish painting my daughter's upstairs room.  Now we can add some splashes of color to the white walls, the pink window and door trim through posters, paintings, etc.  My daughter was too small prior to this point to safely navigate the stairs.  Since my husband and I welcomed my little girl into our household she has grown 3 sizes from a 3T to a 5T transitioning into a 6T.  It's amazing to realize that we have had my daughter for 9 months now and the effect that she has had on our family.  My dear sweet mother-in-law, who has no short term memory courtesy of the dementia; even notices when my daughter is absent, for instance when my daughter's visiting her sister's household.  It's sweet, but sad as my little mother-in-law will come out on average about 2 times an hour during the day and remarking upon the quiet will ask where my little girl is.  Ever so patiently I rattle off the same answer that I've said so many times that sometimes I have to shake my head so I don't hear the echo of the same response time again.  I love my girls, but they are a handful sometimes.
    In other news my husband finished Thumbelina's Cage and while perusing the Internet I came across an idea of painting the Rabbit Tractors.  I'm giving that some thought; I find the idea intriguing.  We still take her out and pet and handler her.  Approximately 10 years ago there was an early morning jogger that spotted a cougar on our road.  We also have Wolves in the county, Bears and that doesn't excuse the more domestic predators such as Raccoons, Stray Dogs (or mine), Hawks and Eagles.  Cadbury's Cage sits directly next to Thumbelina's that way they can interact with each other and the dogs, safely. 
   
  My Moonflowers continue to explode at an exponential rate, it's quite miraculous their recovery.  A friend suggested a Tomato Cage as a trellis for it to grow in so I thought I'd give it a shot.  And yes, they have gone a little wild.  ;)  I repotted them today as they were root bound again, and since I transplanted them I gave them a good drenching leaving them to drain outside in the Sun.  By this evening they'll be houseplants again. 
    As far as miracles I have uncluttered my entire house.  There are still a few hot spots to tweak, a book shelf in my bedroom and the bottom of my closet, and some boxes of miscellaneous stuff to sort through in the basement, but the majority of stuff is gone. The one last hold out that I will undertake during The Long Winter (all pun intended) is the Wood Shed outside that houses the remnants of stuff that we moved in with.  I admit I did have an addiction to the written word.  It didn't matter the subject either, I read everything.  Text books on Nutrition, Gardening, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Foreign Language (I so want to finish learning Spanish), Poetry, Fiction, Biology, Chemistry, History.  I'm pretty sure that on my death bed my one regret will be the book that I haven't finished, lol.  Before I began giving away many of my books a year ago I could easily have opened a Library, and not a tiny one either.  Now I'm beginning to enter the realm of the reality where a Library card will obtain any book that I absolutely NEED to read, for no cost and no clutter as the rotating book supply will only take up a limited amount of space EVERY SINGLE time.  The freedom that comes with having just a small amount of belongings to have to clean and organize is liberating. 
 
I have many friends that are artists in various fields, some of them talented in multiple fields.  My dear friend Georgie is one of those most dearest to me.  She's a 70 year-young-woman that puts most of us youngsters to shame as far as energy, health, and love of life.  She rides in Hot Air Balloons and small planes.  Georgie can do almost any craft that she takes a liking to, and some that not many people can do.  She is my inspiration for who I want to be as I age.  She paints, crochets, quilts, does photography, creates various types of baskets and jewelry and as of late makes Dream Catchers.  Dream Catchers are a type of Native American ornamental charm that are hung over a person's bed and are believed to catch the bad dreams in the net, and the good dreams are believed to filter down through the feathers to the person sleeping below.  Below are several of Georgie's handmade Dream Catchers.  If anyone would like to have any Dream Catchers made please contact her @ 1-541-403-0605.  And no, I receive nothing as payment for advertising her Dream Catchers.
 

 
The following is a poem that I wrote.  Hope everyone has a lovely week, Autumn has arrived.  Take care, Simply Yoko.


A Rainy Morning
 
The rain pattered softly against the window.  The warmth of the bed cocooned me as I struggled to emerge from the Land of Sleep I was ensconced in.  The humid atmosphere of the room was permeated by the vase of Honeysuckle blossoms sitting on my desk.  The chimes from the antique clock began to sound pulling me up from the depths of my sleep.  Blindly I reached out slapping where I believed the alarm clock to be, and felt a warmer, larger hand guide my hand gently to the alarm clock to turn it off.  Cracking my eyes open blearily I saw you, happiness filled me and I smiled.



No comments:

Post a Comment