Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Sands of Time

“Our life is made up of time. Our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measured by years. [...] And yet time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart of hearts if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades were being spent the best way they possibly could.”
Cecelia Ahern
 


    My Moonflowers are still coming along.  I'm starting to wonder at what point they will be maintaining, verses actively growing.  Hhhmmm, time will tell.
    I also celebrated my 31st Birthday, not nearly as painful as my 30th when I began my Bucket List.  A Bucket List so that while I have the time, physical health and some money to do the things that I wish to do.  For example, note the Bow and Arrows that I have been practicing with.  I have been writing a list of some of the goals that I would like to accomplish in the near and far future.
      My apologies for my detained absence from this blog.  I'm afraid my penchant for taking to much upon myself didn't fail me yet again.  In between working full time, being a wife, mother and assistant caregiver, and part time writer, I decided to start a part time small business.  Yes, I'm pretty sure at this point that I am certifiable, but have enough charm and penache to keep me out of a straight jacket...at least for a while, lol.  I started a part time online and selling locally in person, make up  and skin care franchise after falling in love with their skin care line.  My skin unfortunately like the rest of my body is volatilely over reactive and when it doesn't like something, it will not settle.  Let me give you an example.  At a check up my cardiologist took my blood pressure in one arm manually 9 times in one arm to see if it had dropped at all.  It had not and by the end of the readings my arm had a red band the size and shape of the blood pressure cuff for the rest of the day and the metal strip that holds the material in place left an imprint in my arm that lasted for a week.  If my naughty little dogs get excited and accidentally scratch me, within 2 seconds it welts up, and then settles to a scratch within about 20 minutes. I finally found a skin care line that keeps my skin fairly dry, but still refreshed and has anti-aging components. 
    When I began this blog I really didn't want to have anyone be able to connect my online blog to me personally.  Then I realized that by shutting the door on all of the negative could be's I was guaranteeing that there would be no positive would be's.  Are there creepers, stalkers, and mean spirited people in the word, why yes.  But there are also nice, pleasant honest and hard working individuals in the world.  Let me explain.  Several years ago at one of my former job one of the girls that I worked with was stalked at work, and those of us that worked with her were stalked as well.  She didn't know the man that stalked her.  He had seen her at the local college and stalked her, before attacking her at her house one night.  She got away, with very little physical damage, but the trauma to her psyche was well established along with several of her coworkers psyches.  My husband has pointed out that bad people are going to do whatever it is that they're going to do, and the good people are worth the effort of opening themselves up to the chance of meeting.  My husband laughed while stating that according to my blog that people believe that I am a burnt out hippy, well...  Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.  I'm an old soul who fortunately doesn't look her age.  The following is a picture taken of me all gussied up within the past several days (yes, I intentionally used the antiquated term of gussied up just to make people smile).  Hopefully I haven't broke to many cameras out there with this picture.

 
 Take care all, Yoko.         

2 comments:

  1. People I know in everyday life being able to find my blog makes me feel nervous, so I haven't shared my photo online . . yet. I might someday. You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. I had to think for several months about whether I would put a picture of myself on my blog. I weighed every pro and con at least a dozen times as is my habit, and with my husband's advice finally decided to post it. Time will tell if it turns out to be a benefit or a mistake. ;)

    ReplyDelete