Friday, August 9, 2013

Rejuvenation

"One cannot manage too many affairs: like pumpkins in the water, one pops up while you try to hold down the other." ~ Chinese Proverb
    This past week and a half has been very busy.  I picked up extra hours at work and on my day off I agreed to help my step-daughter with her catering business.  I had never waitressed before so it was a learning experience.  What I took out of it was that I was glad that I was in the career field I was in instead of waitressing.  I'm afraid I talk to much to waitress properly, lol. 
    We acquired another rabbit named Cadbury, she's white with pink eyes and ears.  Her cage when we finish will be similar to Thumbelina's.  A mobile structure that we can move around the yard so that they have access to fresh grass and air, sunshine and can also fertilize the ground in preparation for my landscaping designs on our property.  My girls love our rabbits and have been helping me daily with the rabbits.  My mother-in-law's responsibility is her cat and I help oversee to make sure the appropriate care is given to Bella and my daughter's responsibility is Moby, our Beta fish and I also oversee his care.  My husband's responsibility has been the chickens and we share responsibility for the dogs.  My step-daughter and I also struck an agreement.  My husband is quite the handyman and can fix lots of electrical stuff, and can be an extra hand at the restaurant when needed.  In exchange I will be getting their leftover bits.  Egg shells and coffee grounds for the soon to be gardens, produce for the rabbit and chickens, and leftover bread/grain products for the chickens.  At home it was also a monumental decision that my husband would allow us to recycle and compost many of our waste products. Cans, glass and plastic containers to the recycling center and coffee grounds and egg shells for the gardens, produce to the rabbits and chickens and grains to the chickens.  The newspapers are used to start fires in our wood burning stove during the winter. 
    One of the dangers of being to "busy" even if it's for a good cause is that things can get neglected when pushed to the backburner.  My Moonflowers were divided and sent to their appropriate homes leaving me the care of three of the flowers. Two of the Moonflowers were sent to homes with my coworkers and another one actually to my work.  The other three didn't fare to well neglected due to my over "busy" schedule.  The plants themselves should be able to pull out of it, some of the leaves might be lost however.  Given what my schedule did to my plants I can only imagine what it did to me inside.  I have resumed my walking/running on my treadmill and plan hopefully by next week to take it up a notch. 

    As far as writing I have taken a love of poetry and the following is a poem I wrote almost as a sequel of The Darkest Night.  Hopefully you'll enjoy reading this poem as much I enjoyed writing it.  Until next time, take care one and all.
    The Ascension
    She stood there in the grey eerie predawn light watching the distant horizon, waiting.  Slowly golden tendrils of light swept over the distant mountains creating a magical radiance that flooded the valley.  She stood there listening to the rustling in the underbrush as life stirred, once again active after the last nightfall.  The hot cup of coffee warmed her as she stood there inhaling the heady scent of the mountain flowers once again perfuming the world around her.  As the sunlight began to warm her she heard the jubilant cry of the birds as they sang out in celebration for the glorious ascension of the sun.  As a bee flew past her humming it's way to the next flower she sighed in contentment.  All was right with the world, the Sun had completed it's rebirth today and she was up to see the christening.   A secret smile lit up her face as she realized that she was the only witness to this miraculous phenomena.  Life was good.  :)     








No comments:

Post a Comment